Cooking

So we can cook... is about having fun while cooking by yourself or with family.

Monday, June 4, 2018

Welcome

Welcome to the blog. Yes, it happens to be another cooking blog, not like we don't have enough of those in the world, but as it happens, I hope you find this one different. I cook for my family and for the enjoyment of knowing I got to create something from basically nothing, and that's what this is about. Some of it's really old school cooking, some of it's newer stuff, but I can promise you one thing, I will never claim credit for a recipe I didn't personally create, and if I can find links to the ones I used to make what I did, I'll post that for you.


I'm also inviting friends to come join me on here to post what they make as well. It's something fun and enjoyable for all of us so I hope you'll try their recipes as well!




That being said, here's a few words of encouragement to those who are just learning or disappointed in what they've made. Don't be. EVERYONE makes mistakes, each one of us have burned something, scorched a bit of milk, and even dropped a carton of eggs. If you say you've never, then you don't cook. Don't ever think you can't do something, just because you get it wrong the first few times you try. Always try again.




So within these posts will be more than just me making a few odds and ends, my kids will be here as they learn to cook, and anyone else who pops into my home to help make a dish or two. As well as some add ins from friends that enjoy the idea as much as I do. I don't use boxes if I can help it, so any cake, brownies, even green bean casserole is all made from separate ingredients, no canned soup, no box of mix and so forth. I hope you all enjoy and I encourage you to post something you made from one of the recipes. Feel free to add to, subtract from, and just all around edit the thing to make you and yours happy, and you can even show and tell us what you've done, we'll be happy to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment